Westpak is a specialist company supplying: punnets, trays, produce boxes, flexible packaging, protective packaging, bespoke printed bags, adhesive tapes, pallet stability packaging, packhouse consumables, hygiene and janitorial products, PPE, signs and safety products. We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water, and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable.
Westpak is committed to
- Continual improvement in it’s environmental performance.
- Preventing pollution.
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevan to the industry sector in which it operates.
It is the policy of Westpak to
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste.
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified.
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
Westpak will review this policy on annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation, and other factors. We will communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues. Westpak will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public.