Lidl GB has been named the most trusted supermarket in the UK in the latest Retail Trust Index and ranks din second place overall. The Retail Trust Index is the result of a consumer research conducted by Ethical Commerce Alliance (ECA).
In its trading update last month, Lidl GB revealed that it had implemented the following investment and developments to support shoppers, suppliers and colleagues:
1. Invested over £100 million in keeping prices low for customers
2. Opened around 50 new stores
3. Spent £4bn and announced an accelerated investment in British food businesses for FY23
4. Increased pay rates twice in eight months, equating to a combined investment of £50m
5. Launched its Good to Give Trustmark – an industry-first initiative to diversify food donations
6. Built the largest Lidl distribution centre in the world
Lidl was also named the cheapest supermarket in the UK by ‘The Grocer’ last month.
The accolade also comes after the discounter was recently awarded most popular supermarket in the UK. In YouGov’s survey exploring the percentage of shoppers who have a positive opinion of a supermarket chain, Lidl secured the number one spot.
For more information visit lidl.co.uk.